Friday, March 27, 2009

MIKE DOOGAN IS GOD

AKM...SUE HIM.

EPIC FAIL:

What a colossal horses ASS. Democratic Representative Mike Doogan, in a fit of vengeance has omnipotently outed the author of the Alaskan progressive political blog, MUDFLATS, because he feels that if one is to going to publicly voice their opinion, one should stand by their opinion and use their real name.

This public harassment, bloodlust for revenge, and attempts to shut up dissenters by our elected officials is becoming an all too familiar theme here in Alaska. Just go on over to CELTIC DIVA'S BLUE OASIS to see what happens when you try to take right and just action.

I also urge you to go and read AkMuckraker's(It's a pleasure to "meet" you, AKM) post on Doogan's indecent exposure-if you can even get on the site. I will post some excerpts here that I think every Alaskan-hell, every American- should take to heart: Apparently Doogan has no problem with what the consequences of his actions might mean for AKM, her family and friends...

"I was a bit surprised to see my real name, as you can imagine. But after the initial surprise wore off, it really hit me. This is an elected State Representative, of my own political party, who has decided that it’s not OK for me to control the information about my identity; that it’s not OK to express my opinion on my own blog without shouting from the rooftops who I am."

"It said in my “About” page that I choose to remain anonymous. I didn’t tell anyone why. I might be a state employee. I might not want my children to get grief at school. I might be fleeing from an ex-partner who was abusive and would rather he not know where I am. My family might not want to talk to me anymore. I might alienate my best friend. Maybe I don’t feel like having a brick thrown through my window. My spouse might work for the Palin administration. Maybe I’d just rather people not know where I live or where I work. Or none of those things may be true. None of my readers, nor Mike Doogan had any idea what my personal circumstances might be. But that didn’t seem to matter.

What appears to matter to Rep. Doogan is that either 1) he feels that if he “outs” me, he’ll change what I have to say, or keep me from saying anything. 2) he gets to play mystery detective (like in his books) and believes people will think he’s really cool for figuring it out, or 3) he feels like getting revenge. He knows I want to remain anonymous, so he’s going to take it away. In any of those three scenarios, he didn’t think it was important to get the bigger picture.

And in any of those three scenarios we should probably find it disturbing that an elected official is using his time and mental energy in this way, against an ordinary citizen. I don’t need to remind Mudflats readers that Alaska is in a time of turmoil. We are facing unknown consequences with an erupting volcano that threatens to wipe out a tank farm on Cook Inlet holding 6 million gallons of oil. We have critical issues in the legislature, including Alaska’s acceptance or rejection of hundreds of millions of dollars in federal stimulus money for education and other critical purposes. We have a governor who has just chosen an incredibly divisive and extreme right wing idealogue as our new Attorney General. And there are only three weeks left in the legislative session. It bothers me quite a bit that instead of focusing all his energy on doing his job, one of our elected representatives would rather spend his time stalking and harrassing a political blogger."

CONTACT ME:Mike Doogan

Ph: (907) 465-4998Or (800) 689-4998Fax: (907) 465-4419

doogan@akdemocrats.org

Representative_Mike_Doogan@legis.state.ak.us

Thanks for the contact info, Shannyn Moore!

Oh, and one more thing...Doogan outed AKM in a legislative newsletter. Wouldn't that be using a legislative tool on legislative time?!?! Just wondering...

14 comments:

Annette said...

I was one of the ones who got his original emails...since I sent him the email asking him to hold SP responsible. So, I was on the end of his scorn. He is an ass hat and a bastard from the get go. He needs to be run out of town.. or at least out of the legislature.

crystalwolf aka caligrl said...

Doogan "to much holiday cheer" is a vile asshole and a drunk. He outed all of us who wrote him about troopergate, exposing all our email on a STATE acct! I urge everyone to contact CREW
http://citizensforethics.org/about/tipline]
and complain how he stalked AKM and used state resources to do it. And do you think he was alone in this?
Who is the biggest STALKER in the state of Alaska? GINO. drunk doogan has been hiding behind her skirts since the first of year with his drunken email tirade.
I hope AKM sues the shit out of him.

Anonymous said...

It will be such a pleasure to see him being taken down in court.

Just hope AKM can handle it. Stay strong lady!

Jordan said...

Do we know how he got her name? I mean, he didn't look up AKM in the phone book. Did he stalk her IP address or something? I'm disinclined to attribute great computer skills to the twit, but I don't know how else one finds a blogger's real identity.

Aside from the stalking & ethics breaches, do you suppose he broke laws in HOW he got her information?

RunninL8 said...

Jordan-I have no idea how Doogan aquired her name and I'll be very interested to see by which means he did it.

RunninL8 said...

Goodness, I forgot my "c" in acquired.

Anonymous said...

Geez- I cannot even get on at the flats. Says the link is broken. Sure hope that's wrong and that they're just overflowing with peekers. Oh, God, hope Team Sarah is attacking the place :-(

Metavirus said...

New facebook group started to call out Mike Doogan for his shameful actions: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=82564017994 . Tell your friends.

basheert said...

Here is the HuffingtonPost blog article - please "buzz it up" so it can get onto the front page?

SIGNED: a mudpuppy

basheert said...

sorry- I keep doing that ... here is the Huffpo Link:

thanks everyone

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dawn-teo/famed-anonymous-anti-pali_b_180313.html

RunninL8 said...

Sorry Anonymous #2, but I won’t post Doogan's personal contact/home info here.
I think a more fitting address would be :
http://www.anchorageaa.org/

sauerkraut said...

Mike Doogan's copilot is my dog.

Oh wait.

I don't have a dog.

Sucks to be a sucker like Mike Doogan.

pa: love the pic of Palin on the moose!!

basheert said...

Mike DooDoogan is nothing. I don't feel I can actually criticize AK politics since I live in AZ. We have our own crosses to bear, however I'd be happy to do anything I could legally to help you rid yourself of him.
From what I've read, he is guilty of 2nd Degree Stalking according to the AK statutes.
Have you considered hiring a pest control company?

RunninL8 said...

Basheert-I called Dick-B-Gone but they're booked. Alaska, you know.....